Garbanzo Bean Taco Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained, lightly mashed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. coconut or grapeseed oil
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- 2 tbsp. wheat free tamari
- ¼ cup Veganaise or vegan mayonnaise
- ½ cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
Mixing Your Goods:
Garbanzo Bean Taco Salad – First make the taco “meat.” Warm oil in small fry pan and add garbanzo beans, cumin, coriander, chili powder and tamari. Warm until heated through.
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in high speed blender and process until thoroughly mixed.
In a large bowl, add the romaine lettuce, corn, tomatoes, olives, onion and warmed garbanzo beans.
Toss with dressing and serve immediately.