plant-based shake – Looking for a fresh salad that isn’t your typical green leafy thing? Now you’ve got it! Thanks to Pamela Schmidt and her creativity, you can enjoy this delicious salad!
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower (about ½ head)
- 1 cup chopped seeded roma tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber, seeded and peeled if not organic
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Pinch of dried garlic
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Mixing Your Goods:
To make the cauliflower, put pieces in a food processor and pulse until it looks like cous cous or rice. Be careful not to over process. Combine cauliflower with other salad ingredients and mix everything well. To make dressing, whisk lemon juice, Dijon, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Slowly add olive oil while continuously whisking. Add dressing to the salad and mix well. Let it sit and marinate for an hour, the flavors will really come out. This salad is great served room temperature or cold and will keep for several days in refrigerator. Serves 4 as a side dish.