Spring Vegetable Sauté
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ bag (6 oz) frozen artichoke hearts, partially thawed and blotted dry
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ½ cup carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup slender green beans
- 6 oz. asparagus cut in 1 inch lengths
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- Lemon wedges
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Mixing Your Goods:
Spring Vegetable Sauté – Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet. When it’s hot enough to sizzle a piece of artichoke, add all the artichokes, cut side down and cook over medium heat until golden brown. Flip the artichokes over, sprinkle with salt and a generous grind of pepper, brown the other side and then transfer to a bowl.
Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and then add the shallots and garlic. Cook while stirring over medium heat until sizzling. Add the carrots, green beans, and 2 tablespoons of water. Sprinkle with salt and a grind of pepper. Cook until vegetables are crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus and peas and cook while stirring until peas and asparagus are crisp tender. Add the artichokes and dill and cook for another minute. Serve with lemon wedges.