Grilled Zucchini with Kalamata Vinaigrette
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- ¼ lemon, Juice of
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Mixing Your Goods:
Grilled Zucchini with Kalamata Vinaigrette – Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking. In a blender or food processor, combine olives, vinegar, pepper, 2 tablespoons of water, 2 teaspoons of the oil and a pinch of salt; blend until smooth and set aside.
Place zucchini in a large bowl and toss with lemon juice, garlic, remaining olive oil and another pinch of salt. Grill until well-marked and tender, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Layer zucchini on a platter, drizzling each layer with some vinaigrette and sprinkling with some tomato. Serve hot, warm or room temperature.